Membership in the Alliance Foundation is open to anyone; residents, seasonal residents, people from surrounding communities, and "up north" visitors. Our organization provides wonderful opportunities to meet new people, get to know your neighbors better, volunteer your valuable time and talents in meaningful ways, and give back to this wonderful community that we all can call "home."
Reasons to become an Alliance Foundation member
The ever-popular Summer Social is being held this your on July 11th. New and current members, alike, continue to comment that this gathering is one of the best community events of the year to get to know their neighbors and others in the area.
By far the largest portion of our Alliance Foundation budget, and our ability to impact those in our community, comes from membership dues. The Alliance could not "do what we do" for our wonderful community without generous members like you!
In 2019, membership dues helped fund a number of Alliance efforts including:
- a monetary donation to Camp Jorn Child Care. This is a full-day, year around program for children ages 3 months to 6 years. It is a critical need for area working parents and the program fees do not fully cover operating costs - donations are required to sustain the program.
- a monetary donation to the WinMan Trails. Our town is rapidly becoming a well-known bicycling destination across the Midwest, and the tourist revenue our many cycling opportunities offer help fuel our entire economy. Funded entirely through private sources and donations, this group plans continued development of the trails and amenities.
- a monetary donation to the Manitowish Waters Skiing Skeeters. This youth organization provides free, fun, family entertainment throughout the Summer for visitors and residents. The Skeeters are funded solely through donations which help cover the club's operating expenses.
- a monetary donation to the Manitowish Waters Fire Department. Donations help with the purchase of needed tools and equipment that are not covered by their annual operating budget.
- a monetary donation to the GROW! Community Garden. This new addition to MW has “informally” landed on many of our residents places to take their guests when showing them around our beautiful community. Plot fees from the 58 garden beds accounted for less than 6% of the 2019 construction costs with the balance funded solely through donations and an ongoing loan – fundraising continues.
Our 1st Annual “Mani-Wish” Christmas Event was held on Saturday, Dec 7th, 2019 at Little Bohemia Lodge to help give some local families a Very Merry Christmas. The proceeds raised allowed us to provide 26 local children with Christmas gifts and 3 families with toys, clothing, Christmas dinner, and gas cards.
For more information, please click Events.