Greetings to our 2020 MW Alliance Members,
I wish this letter was reaching you under better circumstances and my sincerest hope is that you all are doing well. There is no denying this global health crisis has dramatically changed our lives, but as important is how we respond to a new reality going forward. I hope this letter takes your memory back to a past Alliance event where you laughed heartily, shared stories merrily, or gave of yourself unselfishly.
Rest assured, we prioritize the well-being of our Members and the Manitowish Waters community in every decision we make. Our Alliance “roots” run deep through our members and the social services we provide. As of today, we are still planning to hold our Annual Member Summer Social on July 11th, so please mark your calendars. I’m sure we’ll all be ready to get out and celebrate! But that is not the only reason to be excited for the 49th year of the MW Alliance – check out these highlights:
- 146 Memberships (family/single) – the most in years!
- Up from 109 in 2019 (a 34% increase!) . . . and
- Up from our previous “high” Membership total of 123 in 2018
- Which equates to 265 “individuals”
- We have transformed the Alliance into a “Foundation”
- As an IRS recognized 501(c)3 non-profit organization, personal and business donations may now qualify for tax-exempt status.
- While holding on to our valuable and recognized “Alliance” identification, our new name will be the Manitowish Waters Alliance Foundation.
- Working diligently, the Board of Directors completed the legal changes to our Wisconsin Corporate charter, ByLaws, and federal 501(c)3 status.
- As part of our transformation, we are also launching a new website in two phases:
- Phase 1 is ready now and is the PUBLIC “face” of our new organization
- Phase 2 will include a MEMBERS ONLY section that will allow you to:
- Renew your membership online (or signup for auto-enroll every year)
- Pay by credit card
- View a complete Member Directory; search by Last Name
- Edit your Member information online any time you want (and choose what information items you want to appear in the Directory)
- Register for Events (Summer Social, Mani-Wish Christmas, etc.)
- Volunteer for Events (Brat Stand, Highway Cleanup Days)
- Check your financial transaction history (memberships, donations, etc.)
- And yet another change as part of the new MW Alliance Foundation – we are now bringing the town’s annual Solstice Festival under our “umbrella” of events! This very successful annual celebration attracts many visitors to our community and helps our town solidify its growing notoriety as a Top Bicycling Destination in Wisconsin and the Midwest. Mark your calendars for June 20, 2020!
No doubt you can see by the above that we’ve been listening to your requests for more events, a better “online” presence, and allowing donations to be granted Tax-Deductible status. Our 2020 Spring Member Newsletter shares even more exciting news . . . and it’s on our new website, so click on the newsletter link and then explore the rest of the site!
This is our first attempt at providing our Spring Newsletter in an electronic (email) format. This letter and the Spring Newsletter also appear on our new website. Going forward, we will be using our website to provide timely updates and additional features, so I hope you’ll begin to check it regularly. If you do not have access to a computer, or feel more comfortable receiving information via postal mail, please email either myself or our website administrator at:
President@manitowishwatersalliancefoundation.org - Doug Zeise
Secretary2@manitowishwatersalliancefoundation.org - Laurel Tschurwald
As you already know, we have an exciting and fun organization – and it’s only going to get better! If you know anyone that would like to join, please forward this email to them and have them JOIN US using that feature on our new website!
In closing, I want to thank you for your continued support. Our group is important to our members and our community. Our love and passion for our “gem of the Northwoods” will propel us to our 50th Anniversary and beyond. We truly are BETTER TOGETHER.
Doug Zeise - President